A new survey found that 100% of people who used cannabis to treat migraine headaches, fibromyalgia, or irritable bowel syndrome over a 30 day period reported a noticeable reduction in pain and discomfort.
The report, which you can read here, included responses from 621 patients who’d been using medical marijuana for at least 30 days to treat a variety of health conditions.
Obviously, we here at Green Rush Daily are well aware of the many benefits of marijuana—especially medicinal marijuana—but even we were surprised by the consistently high percentage of patients who reported all sorts of benefits from using medicinal cannabis.
Here are some highlights from the survey’s findings:
- “88.2% of patients reported that cannabis therapy improved their overall sense of wellbeing.”
- “Patients with fibromyalgia, headaches, and migraines, PTSD and anxiety reported the greatest improvement in general wellbeing (as compared to other patient groups).”
- “72.6% of all patients reported a decrease in pain or discomfort.”
- “All patients (100%) with headaches and migraines, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and spinal cord injury reported a decrease in pain or discomfort.”
- “64.2% of all patients reported an improvement in mood.”
- “100% of patients with PTSD and spinal cord injuries reported an improvement in mood.”
Not only are these numbers remarkably high, but they also represent patients using marijuana to treat a broad range of health conditions including:
- psychiatric disorders like anxiety, PTSD, depression, autism, and addiction
- inflammatory conditions like arthritis, rheumatism, and Crohn’s disease
- neuropathic pain
- migraine headaches
- central nervous system disorders like multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s, and Traumatic Brain Injury
- various cancer-related symptoms.
Looking at the vast range of health conditions that marijuana can help people deal with, and seeing just how high the numbers of individuals reporting positive results are, really makes clear how desperately and quickly we need to legalize this miracle herb.