How to Make THC Oil for E-Pens
THC oil can be super expensive and costly, but the benefits are so worth it. Here is a guide on how to make THC oil for E-pens.
Wondering how to make THC oil for e-pens? And since THC oil can be pretty costly, it can save you quite a pretty penny to make your own at home. You can use your favorite strains or mix them for a specialty. There are several methods of doing this, but our method of making THC oil for e-pens is great for beginners.
What You’ll Need To Make THC Oil
To make your own THC oil for your vape or pen, there are a few things you’ll need.
- cheese cloth
- 5-6 grams of high-quality bud
- two large mason jars
- a large pot for boiling
- Propylene Glycol
- High Proof (190+) Grain Alcohol,
- dropper bottles,
- And a Pyrex bowl (or aluminum foil and a baking sheet). If you want exact measurements, pick up some blunt tip syringes. You will also want to be wearing rubber gloves throughout the process to protect your skin.
Make sure you don’t use rubbing alcohol! Try EverClear or Alcohol instead. You’ll also need a stovetop, of course, or a hot plate if you prefer to boil the water without flames. As for your bud, you’ll want to make sure that it’s finely chopped before you begin. Then you can proceed to decarboxylate the cannabis.
Step 1: Decarboxylate
1. Place your finely chopped 5-6 grams of weed (or more if you’re so inclined) into the Pyrex bowl.
2. Bake it in the oven at 225-250 degrees F for about 15 minutes. (Alternatively, you can use aluminum foil and a baking sheet to heat up your bud like you would a batch of cookies. When you take them out, they’ll be dry and brownish. Not to worry! You’re doing fine.)
3. The next step is to add the crispy weed to your mason jar, and then pour in the alcohol. (It should be enough to submerge the bud completely. If you want to be exact, use a syringe to add about 24 ML of High Proof Alcohol. You’ll probably want to open a window during this next part to keep your room ventilated and relatively free of vapors.)
Add about 3.5-4 inches of water to your pot, and then place the mason jar directly inside the pot.
Boil the water to a low boil and stir the bud in the jar constantly. Here you’ll be trying to evaporate some of the excess alcohol. Continue to stir, watching the bud get darker. Once it’s dark, remove the pot from the stove and turn it off. Let it cool.
Step 2: Strain
1. After you’ve evaporated some of the excess alcohol from your mixture, it’s time to use your cheese cloth or to filter out your oil!
2. Cover your second mason jar with the cheesecloth and slowly pour in the mixture from the first mason jar, letting the cloth catch the buds. (It may be very thick and stuck to the bottom of the jar, so use a knife or fork to get it all out. Your bud should be wet and well-saturated.)
3. Squeeze the cheese cloth with the herb until every last drop is out, straining it into the second mason jar. (It should produce a nice brown liquid. If you are so inclined, let the cheesecloth drip over the second mason jar for an hour or two to get everything out.)
Step 3: Finish Making Your THC Oil
1. In your second mason jar, now filled with liquid and alcohol, add a bit of water and put the jar back inside the pot. (This time, you will want to boil your concoction until there are about 5 ML of liquid left in the jar. You can use your syringes to measure exactly and make sure you have the right amount.)
2. The final step is to add 20 MG of Propylene Glycol to your mason jar.
3. Remove the jar from the pot.
4. Using a syringe, extract the liquid from the jar and store it in your dropper bottles. (You should have about 25 ML of THC oil ready to use.)
Now that you know how to make THC oil for e-pens, remember to be cautious as you complete this process, and practice makes perfect! You may not get it exactly right the first time, but take your time and be very cautious when heating alcohol. You do not want to start a fire. Some people use Propylene Glycol and Vegetable glycerin and no alcohol. Whichever method you choose, make sure to use high grade, quality bud for a great THC oil.