The Right Cannabutter Can Make The Best Edibles
If you want to bake up some seriously awesome weed-infused edibles, you have to know how to make high-quality cannabutter. Knowing how to make bomb cannabutter is still a pretty rare thing, which is why we are here. In this article, you will learn a few simple steps for making the best, most mind-blowing cannabutter you’ve ever had.
- 1 ounce dried bud
- 2 cups butter (you can also use coconut, canola, olive, or peanut oil)
- Large saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Large bowl
- String or rubber band
9 Steps To Making Dank Cannabutter
Step 1: Grind
- Use a small coffee grinder, blender, or any other sort of grinder to get your weed as finely ground as possible. The finer the powder, the better.
Step 2: Boil
- Fill a large pot with 4-5 inches of water and bring to a boil.
Step 3: Add Butter
- When the water is boiling, add the butter and wait until it is fully melted.
Step 4: Melt Butter
- Once the butter melted, turn the heat to low and carefully pour in the cannabis.
Step 5: Let it cook
- Allow the butter-weed mixture to cook on low for about 3 hours.
- Stir it every 15 minutes and do not let it boil—boiling will damage the cannabinoids.
- As the butter-weed mixture cooks, the butter will become much darker and thicker.
Step 6: Cheesecloth
- Use your string or rubber band to secure a double layer of cheesecloth over a large bowl.
- Leave the cloth a little slack, so all your precious weed butter doesn’t spill over the edges when you pour it onto the cloth.
- When the butter-weed mixture has thickened up and looks glossy, carefully pour mixture through cheesecloth.
Step 7: Pour Butter
- After the melted butter has strained through the cloth, carefully remove the string or rubber band securing the cheesecloth to the bowl
- lift the cloth up by its corners, and slowly squeeze out the remaining butter.
Step 8: Allow To Cool
- Allow the hot cannabutter to cool to room temperature, then place the bowl into the refrigerator.
Step 9: Solid
- Through the cooling process, the cannabutter will have floated to the top of the water and solidified.
- Once the cannabutter is solid, run a knife around the edge of the bowl and remove your weed butter.
- Carefully remove any water still stuck to the underside of the cannabutter.
You’re all done!
Through the slow and low cooking process, the cannabinoids in the bud bind to the fats in the butter, giving you a super high quality cannabis-infused final product. Now try some of our cannabutter recipes.