Never again will you throw away your stems and shake once you learn this trick. What do you do with your stems once your bowl is packed? Instead of throwing them away, try saving your stems and shake in a jar or baggie. The following guide will show you how to convert your weed waste into delicious and potent weed butter using simple tools already in your kitchen.
NOTE: Use the ratio of a ¼ oz of plant matter per stick of butter. Of course, you can always use more or less to adjust the potency.
Here’s what you will need to turn stems into weed butter:
- Food processor or a knife/scissors sharp enough to chop stems safely
- ¼ oz of stems, shake, kief, or flower (vaporized flower also works well)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 Cup Water
- Slow cooker or stovetop pan
- Heat-safe glass bowl
- Cheesecloth or fine strainer
Step 1: Chop It Up
- Place your stems into a food processor
- chop until plant matter is broken up