What is Rosin Tech?
Once you taste the difference, you will never smoke BHO again. The process does not use butane, alcohol, or other solvents. Instead, the shatter hash-like resin, known as rosin, is extracted using only heat and pressure.
Using everyday household items, you can make your own rosin dabs. You can use just about anything for the extraction: buds, bubble hash, or kief all work well. Even using low-quality flower or bubble hash can make high-quality rosin.
“I just took the crappiest and I mean the crappiest nugs and bubble hash I could find and turned it into some dabable material. Thumbs Up” – Grow Ops
The best yields tend to come from extractions of 1 to 2 grams of starting material. Depending on the size of the platform on your hair straightener. Experiment and find what works best for you.
Without further ado, let’s make some dabs.
You Will Need:
- Hair Straightener (with adjustable thermostat)
- Parchment Paper
- Potholder (or something else to protect your hands from heat)
- Flower or other material for extraction
How To Make Rosin:
- Preheat hair straightener between 250F and 450F. Because of differences between manufacturers, you need to experiment with different temperature settings to see what works best for you. The iron should be hot enough to melt the resin, but it needs to be cool enough, so it doesn’t burn it up.
- Cut the parchment paper into long strips wide enough to catch the melted resin
- Place material on parchment paper, folding parchment in half lengthwise (like a hotdog bun) and keeping enough room for the resin to escape the material.
- Press the parchment paper between the iron for about 2 to 3 seconds, pressing down firmly.
- Open parchment paper and you will see the rosin stuck to the parchment paper around the material.
- Move your material down the parchment paper for the second pressing.
- Fold parchment paper and firmly press the material for another 2 to 3 seconds.
- Continue this process until you can’t extract any more rosin (or until you get tired).
- Scrape the rosin up and dab away!